The Purpose of the Privacy Notice
This privacy notice describes how Vaptio, Inc. (“Vaptio”) collects and uses your personal information (“Privacy Notice”). Vaptio values your business and we take all reasonable means to protect your personal information. We provide this Privacy Notice to ensure you understand what personal information we collect, how we use that information and how you can maintain control over our use of your information. The Privacy Notice applies to all users of Vaptio’s website and every person who provides any personal information to Vaptio. It is not necessary for you to register to receive the protections in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information Vaptio Collects
Throughout the Privacy Notice, personally identifiable information” (“PII”) means any information that can be used to identify, contact or locate you, either alone or by combining it with other information.Examples of PII Vaptio collects include:
- Information we may automatically collect and enter into our system logs when you access our websites or applications, including information about your computer or other electronic devices such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other identifiers, browser type, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, and operating system and date and time of access.
- Your first and last name, or pseudonym in combination with your address, telephone number, photograph, email address, username, password, biometric data or other information that can used to identify you individually;
- Your purchase history, product interest, account information and delivery instructions;
- Applications for contests, promotions or surveys;
- Applications for employment and/or to be a distributor or affiliated business;
- Demographic information or other PII provided by third party market analysis firms, service providers, public databases, your social media or affiliated organizations or businesses that Vaptio uses to target potential customer; and
- If you connect your social media account(s) to your Vaptio account or log into your Vaptio account through your social media account(s), the social media website may share information from your profile, including your contacts, interests and viewing history. You must adjust your social media privacy settings and/or contact its administrator to control how your data is shared.
How Vaptio Uses Your PII
Vaptio uses the PII it collects to conduct our business and respond to you in a manner consistent with our contractual relationship with you. For example, we use your PII to:
- process your order, confirm shipment and delivery and accept and process your return or exchange;
- organize and notify you about promotions, contests and others events that may be of interest to you;
- provide product updates, recalls or advisories related to safety issues;
- facilitate the establishment of social media groups;
- analyze your shopping preferences and develop your shopping profile;
- verify your identity and mitigate fraud;
Vaptio reserves the right to send certain communications to registered members of our website and other entities with which it has existing business relationships. Vaptio may send you communications relating to your account, announcements and administrative messages, without obtaining your permission to send them. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you may opt-out by following the instructions in the section of this Privacy Notice related to Management of Your PII.
Management of Your PII: Access, Update, Correct, or Opt-Out
If you register on the Vaptio website, you have the right to access, correct or delete the PII associated with your account.
You determine how we use your PII. You may review, correct or delete the information you provided. You also determine whether Vaptio limits or stops communicationsto you. If your PII changes, or if you want to limit contact to specific programs or services, you may correct, update, amend, delete and remove your PII or opt-out of receiving communication from Vaptio by:
- revising your Vaptio account settings;
- emailing us at: Info@vaptio.com or mailing us at Vaptio, Attn: Account Management, 1055 North Argonia Place, Walnut, CA 91789; or
- opting out of receiving Vaptio communications by following the instructions in the e-mails we send you.
Vaptio may take up to 10 business days to update your PII after receipt of your email request and 6-8 weeks after receipt of your request sent by mail. Please note that even after you alter or delete your PII, search engines and third parties may retain copies of your PII after you have deleted the information from Vaptio or deactivated your account.
How Vaptio Shares Your PII
Except as provided for in this Privacy Notice, we do not disclose your PII to third parties without your consent.
- Access through your social media. Any information you post on the Vaptio website and, depending on your privacy settings on your social media accounts, postings on your social media accounts, may visible to the public or Vaptio if you log into your Vaptio customer account from your social media account. Accessing your Vaptio account through your social media account authorizes Vaptio to share information with your social media account provider. The social media account’s privacy notice and policy, not Vaptio’s, will apply to your PII. Before you permit Vaptio and third parties access to your personal content, including pictures, comments, links and videos and the accompanying metadata and geolocation information, via social media accounts, Vaptio cautions you to review what you may be disclosing to the public. Please note that even after you alter or delete your PII, search engines and third parties may retain copies of your PII after you have deleted the information from Vaptio or deactivated your account.
- Third party service providers. Vaptio shares your PII with third parties that provide benefits to our registered users or administrative tasks. These third parties are solely links in the distribution chain or service providers, and are not permitted to store, retain, or use the information provided except for purposes stated in this Policy Notice or in their contracts with Vaptio.Services provided by third parties may include the operation of its internet, intranet, email, websites and provision of storage and processing services (“Web Properties”). We obtain appropriate contractual and technical protections to limit third parties’ use and disclosure of your PII.
- Aggregated information:Vaptio may collect and use disassociated or aggregated personal information, which does not personally identify you. For example, Vaptio may calculate the percentage of our site users within certain geographic locations or which prefer similar products or interests.
- Mobile applications:When you download and use one of Vaptio’s mobile applications, we may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been accessed, viewed and/or downloaded to the app based on your device number or other identifier.
- Legal Obligation or protection from harm: Vaptio may disclose your PII to others if we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary to comply with law, regulation, legal process or government request; or protect the rights, property or safety of Vaptio, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Merger or sale: If and when Vaptio is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. PII may be transferred along with the business.
We may also, in certain instances, disclose your PII when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to:
- identify or contact you to advise you of a product recall or other safety issue
- detect and protect you or Vaptio from fraud or theft
- manage information security
- bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights of Vaptio or others.
- fulfill your written request that we share your PII
- comply with a court order, subpoena, warrant or law.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Links to Other Websites
Vaptio’s Web Properties include links to other websites thatmay have privacy practices different from those of Vaptio. If you submit PII to any of those sites, your information is governed by the privacy notices as set forth in those websites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement or notice of any website you visit through a link on Vaptio’s website.
When Vaptio collects PII directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the PII submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain administrative, physical and technical and safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your PII to employees who need that information to provide benefits or services to you. As indicated above, third parties that access your PII must meet Vaptio’s security standards. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Vaptio requests that you safeguard your account with us by installing software updates, accessing your account only from secured networks and maintaining the confidentiality of your account to protect the privacy of other members. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your PII is absolutely secure. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at Info@vaptio.com.
In order to make a purchase from Vaptio, you must use our shopping cart provider to finalize and pay for your order. Its privacy statement and security practices will also apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
Additional Policy Information
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others, including members of the public who access those postings. You are responsible for maintaining the security of the PII you post in blogs and community forums.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
You must be at least 21 years old to register to use our web site. Vaptio does not target its offerings toward, and does not knowingly collect any personal information from users under 21 years of age. We will promptly delete any PII that we learn was provided by a user under 21 years of age.
Notification of Privacy Notice Changes
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address identified in your account) and/or posting a conspicuous notice on our Web Properties. If we make material changes, we will notify you of those changes prior to their effective date. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If you do not want Vaptio to contact you or use your PII under the terms of the new policy, you can opt-out.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers.When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals.For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
Questions regarding this Policy or the practices concerning our Web Properties should be directed to the Vaptio’s Security Administrator by email to [add generic email address], fax, telephone or regular mail addressed to Vaptio, Attn: 20 Gialtas, Agios Nicolaos, PC3100, Limassol, Cyprus